Terms & Conditions
Effective Date: December 1, 2019
The www.GoPlacesWithRD.ca (Registration Site) and www.GoPlacesWithReadersDigest.ca (the "Site") is owned by Readers Digest and operated by United Marketing Group, LLC ("Company" or "we"). By accessing or using the Site, you agree to be bound by all of the terms in these Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). If you previously enrolled in Go Places With Reader’s Digest ("Program"), any provision of the Terms that conflicts with your Membership Agreement will be subordinate to the Membership Agreement. Please read this carefully and if you have any questions, please call our member services representatives at 1-888-859-2051, Monday through Friday, 9AM to 5PM Central Time.
- License. The Company hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access, use and display the Site for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you comply fully with the provisions of these Terms
- Access Credentials. Your Program membership is non-transferable. You agree that only you, your spouse and children will have access to the membership benefits. Benefits are not for resale. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Site login ID and password, user account information, membership Card and membership number (collectively, "Access Credentials"). You will promptly notify us if you become aware of any unauthorized access or use of your Access Credentials or if any Access Credentials become lost or stolen. We may, in our sole discretion, terminate and re-issue your Access Credentials in response to your notice; however, you are and will remain fully responsible for any unauthorized use of your Access Credentials.
- No Warranty/Limitation of Liability. Certain portions of the Site may utilize information provided by third-party vendors or may re-direct you to a website owned and maintained by a third-party vendor. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that the Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of its officers, directors and employees ("Company Parties") are not responsible or liable for any information, website, benefits, goods or services provided by participating vendors. If you have any claims relating to such information, website, benefits, goods or services provided by a participating vendor, you agree to make your claim against the vendor providing the information, website, benefit, good or service. You will not consider us (and we will not be construed as) a party to such transactions, whether or not we may have received some form of revenue or other remuneration in connection with such transactions, and we will not be liable for any costs or damages arising out of, either directly or indirectly, you or any other person involved or related to the transactions. We assume no responsibility for the payment of or contribution to any use or sales on the benefits, which may be imposed by taxing authorities, and such taxes, to the extent imposed, shall remain your sole responsibility or that of the provider of the benefits, as the case may be.
This Site and the information contained within it is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis with no warranties whatsoever. WE DISCLAIM, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY OF THE BENEFITS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR RELATED INFORMATION PROVIDED TO YOU FROM THE COMPANY OR FROM OUR PARTICIPATING VENDORS ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE. COMPANY PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE BENEFITS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND MATERIALS FROM THIS SITE OR THE PARTICIPATING VENDORS IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. FURTHER. PLEASE NOTE THAT NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THIS SITE OR OUR PARTICIPATING VENDORS SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY PROVIDED FOR IN THIS AGREEMENT. THE COMPANY PARTIES DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE. THE COMPANY PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED AND ERROR FREE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE THE SITE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THE SITE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL OUR LIABILITY EXCEED YOUR CURRENT MONTH'S MEMBERSHIP FEE (IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER, $25), AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR A THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, THIRD PARTY OR CONSEQUENTIAL, EVEN IF THE COMPANY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Company Parties from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses) arising from your use of this Site, your violation of the Terms, or your infringement, or the infringement or use of any Intellectual Property Rights (as defined herein).
The Site may contain links to other web sites. The company does not control such other websites and is not responsible or liable for the availability thereof or the products, services or other materials contained on such websites. Your access and use of linked websites, including the products, services and materials therein, is solely at your own risk.
- Intellectual Property. You hereby agree and acknowledge that the Company owns all right, title and interest in and to this Site, including, without limitation, all Intellectual Property Rights. "Intellectual Property Rights" means any and all rights under patent law, copyright law, trade secret law, trademark law, and any and all other proprietary rights. You acknowledge that all marks that appear throughout the Site belong to the Company, or the respective owners of such marks, and are protected by applicable trademark and copyright laws. Any use of any of the marks appearing throughout the Site without the express written consent of the Company or the owner of the mark, as appropriate, is prohibited.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice. If you believe that any material on this Site infringes your copyright rights, please contact the Company's designated agent for Digital Millennium Copyright Act notices at:
Attn: Director, Clubs and Services (DMCA)
PO Box 726
Lombard IL 60148
In your notice, please include: (i) your physical or electronic signature; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work you claim to have been infringed, or, if there are multiple copyrighted works, a list of such works; (iii) identification of the material that you claim to be infringing and where the material is located on the Site; (iv) your address, telephone number and email address; (v) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by you or the law; and (vi) a statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate.
- Telephone Communications Consent. IF YOU PROVIDE YOUR MOBILE NUMBER TO US, YOU GIVE CONSENT FOR US TO CONTACT YOU WITH MARKETING AND OTHER COMMUNICATION USING AN AUTODIALER, PRERECORDED MESSAGES AND/OR TEXT MESSAGES AT THE MOBILE TELEPHONE NUMBER YOU PROVIDED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR CONSENT IS NOT REQUIRED TO PURCHASE ANY GOODS OR SERVICES.You may withdraw your consent at any time by calling us at 1-888-859-2051, Monday through Friday 9 AM to 5 PM Central Time, or sending us an email at CustomerService@MemberSrvc.com clearly indicating that you withdraw your consent and providing the number for which consent is withdrawn. Message and data rates may apply.
- Severability/Waiver. In the event any provision of the Terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein. The failure by us to exercise rights granted to us hereunder upon the occurrence of any violations set forth in this agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such rights upon the recurrence of such violation.
- Modifications/TerminationThe Company reserves the right at any time to modify, suspend or permanently discontinue the Site with or without notice. You hereby agree that the Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site. The Company also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to update or modify the Terms at any time. You agree to frequently review the Terms for any updates or modifications. If, in our sole opinion, a change is material, we may provide you with additional notice by posting a notice on the Site and/or sending you an email (if you are an active member) prior to the change becoming effective. Your continued access or use of the Site following the posting of any changes to the Terms constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- Governing Law & Arbitration. All legal issues arising from or related to this Site shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois applicable to contracts entered into and wholly to be performed within Illinois, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement or your use of the Site shall be settled by binding arbitration before a single neutral arbitrator in accordance with the consumer arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"). The arbitration shall be conducted in DuPage County, Illinois and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into in any state or federal court in Illinois having jurisdiction thereof. YOU AND WE AGREE TO WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO JOIN CLAIMS OR DISPUTES WITH THOSE OF OTHERS IN THE FORM OF A CLASS ACTION, CLASS ARBITRATION OR SIMILAR PROCEDURE AND TO WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PRESENT ANY CLAIM OR DISPUTE IN A COURT OF LAW. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the arbitrator shall not have the power to award indirect, punitive, special or consequential damages against any party. Arbitration costs and fees shall be determined in accordance with the Arbitration Rules and applicable law. Each party shall be responsible for paying its own attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses, regardless of which party prevails, but a party may recover any or all of its attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses from another party if the arbitrator, applying applicable law, so determines. To the fullest extent permitted by law, notwithstanding the applicable law on statute of limitations, demand for arbitration with the AAA must be filed within ONE (1) YEAR after the date the party asserting the claim first knows or reasonably should know of the act, omission or default giving rise to the claim; and there shall be no right to any remedy for any claim not asserted within that time period. (If applicable law prohibits a one-year limitations period for asserting claims, the claim must be asserted within the shortest time period excess of one year that is permitted by applicable law.) If the AAA rules permit a party to proceed with their dispute in small claims court, and a party chooses that option, you and we agree not to seek any remedy or relief in small claims court that would be unavailable through arbitration. By using the Site and thereby agreeing to the Terms, you consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts sitting in DuPage County, Illinois.
- Assignment. We may assign our rights and obligations under the Terms. The Terms will inure to the benefit of our successors, assigns and licensees.
- Entire Agreement. The Terms, together with your Membership Agreement, if applicable, constitutes the entire agreement between you and us relating to the subject matter herein.
- Feedback. If you have comments on the Site or ideas on how to improve it, please email CustomerService@MemberSrvc.com. Please note that by doing so, you also grant the Company permission to use and incorporate your ideas or comments into the Site without compensation.
- Contact Us. If you have any questions or concerns about your Membership and the Site, contact us at CustomerService@MemberSrvc.com or call us toll-free at 1-888-859-2051, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM Central Time.